Haman's Ears (Orejas de Haman)
(1 ratings) Add Your Comments and Ratings
These cookies, called Oznei Haman (Haman’s Ears) in Israel, are popular among all Jews for Purim, though the recipe (and the name) varies. These cookies may also be dipped in sweet syrup made of equal parts honey, lemon juice and water (mixed and boiled).
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 1/4 cups flour
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Honey, lemon juice, water (for syrup)
- To prepare the dough: Beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add salt, cinnamon sugar and water to eggs and mix well. Sift in flour and knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board and cut into circles. Cut each circle into semi-circles.
- Pinch the center of each semi-circle, like a bow tie, then fold in half.
- Deep fry the “ears” in hot oil until they are a nice golden color.
- To soak up excess oil, cool them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and enjoy them!
More posts of this qultaiy. Not the usual c***, please
May 16, 2016 (report abuse)